Through our Social Services department, in partnership with many social services programs in Smith County, Bethesda Health Clinic provides direction and guidance to patients and non-patients who request assistance with any need or situation. Our Social Services department is especially committed to helping active Bethesdsa patients meet all their basic needs.
Social Services is available on a first come first served basis Monday-Thursday 10AM-12PM, and at other times Monday-Friday by appointment. To make an appointment, call (903) 596-8353 x131.
The social services we offer include:
- Application Assistance
- Resource Consulting and Referrals
HOW TO APPLY
HOW TO APPLY - STEP 1
Meet Patient Eligibility Requirements
- Low income adult
- Employed or perform an important unpaid job, such as being a caregiver, volunteer or participant in a self-improvement program (e.g. education, rehabilitation, etc.)
- Uninsured or underinsured
HOW TO APPLY - STEP 2
Prepare Your Documentation
- Completed application and waiver forms
- A current government-issued photo ID
- If applicable or available, a recent paystub dated within the last 30 days.
- If applicable or available, pages 1 and 2 of your latest filed tax return (form 1040)
HOW TO APPLY - STEP 3
Meet with our admissions team to determine your eligibility.
- You must appear in person at the clinic during admission screening hours.
- Children are not allowed in the screening room. Please make arrangements ahead of time.
- We do not always have a bi-lingual admissions consultant available. If you speak Spanish, please bring an English-speaking interpreter.
- Bring your paperwork from Step 2.