HEALTH & WELLNESS
The Health & Wellness program at Bethesda Health Clinic provides simple relevant advice for patients having risk factors for chronic disease.
The primary aim of the program is to prevent the onset of chronic disease, such as diabetes, hypertension and lung disease, by changing lifestyles.
The program provides one-on-one coaching to educate and encourage patients to make healthier choices.
The most common lifestyle issues addressed by the program are obesity and smoking.
Dan, a Bethesda patient, shares how Bethesda’s Health & Wellness program helps him to better manage diabetes.
HOW TO APPLY
HOW TO APPLY - STEP 1
Meet Patient Eligibility Requirements
- Low income adult
- Employed or perform an important unpaid job, such as being a caregiver, volunteer or participant in a self-improvement program (e.g. education, rehabilitation, etc.)
- Uninsured or underinsured
HOW TO APPLY - STEP 2
Prepare Your Documentation
- Completed application and waiver forms
- A current government-issued photo ID
- If applicable or available, a recent paystub dated within the last 30 days.
- If applicable or available, pages 1 and 2 of your latest filed tax return (form 1040)
HOW TO APPLY - STEP 3
Meet with our admissions team to determine your eligibility.
- You must appear in person at the clinic during admission screening hours.
- Children are not allowed in the screening room. Please make arrangements ahead of time.
- We do not always have a bi-lingual admissions consultant available. If you speak Spanish, please bring an English-speaking interpreter.
- Bring your paperwork from Step 2.