Come work with us!
Careers at Bethesda Health Clinic
Do you want to make a difference in your community and have fun doing it?
At Bethesda Health Clinic, we seek to help our community by providing affordable medical and dental care to uninsured, low-income East Texans.
TITLE: Nurse Practitioner
REPORTS TO: Medical Director
Key Performance Areas:
- Efficiently see primary care patients and deliver quality acute and chronic disease care.
- Maintain accurate and quality records on all encounters
- Review and handle lab tests, office tests and outside medical records.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Responsible for delivering outstanding patient care in a primary care setting. The position will require working with various staff and volunteer nurses and doctors during the clinic hours. In addition, the job will consist of assisting the medical director in assisting with any procedures, and reviewing any test results that might come to the office.
- Assist in medical and surgical care of clinic patients
- Provide support to physicians
- Provide routine medical care of patients including ordering of diagnostic tests, labs, X-rays, medications (within the scope of the NP license) and nutrition
- Administer medication upon request of physician
- Perform physical assessment and document in records
- Apply, remove and change dressings and bandages; remove sutures
- Responds to telephone inquiries by patients
- Placement and removal of sutures
- Perform simple procedures such as skin tag removal
- Incisions and drainage of abscesses
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a busy clinical environment
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Above average oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Complete annual Continuing Medical Education requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with physicians, residents, nurses, patients,families, staff, other health care professionals, and management
- Maintain confidentiality of patient, patient account and personnel data
- Ability to work as a team member is necessary
Education Advanced Practice Nursing degree from an accredited college/university
License Licensed or eligible for licensing as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Texas
Certifications Certified by Texas Board of Nursing
Experience Experience working in a medical clinic, although new graduates are also eligible
Computer Skills Intermediate knowledge of and experience utilizing a personal computer; intermediate word processing skills required
Bethesda Health Clinic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bethesda Health Clinic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.