Come work with us!
Careers at Bethesda Health Clinic
Do you want to make a difference in your community and have fun doing it?
At Bethesda Health Clinic, we seek to help our community by providing affordable medical and dental care to uninsured, low-income East Texans.
Mental Health Counselor
Reports to: Medical Director
Employment Status: Part-time or Full-Time
Primary Location: Bethesda Health Clinic
Bethesda Health Clinic is a Christ-centered ministry that provides affordable, high-quality care for the working uninsured and others we are able to serve. In conjunction with medical services provided, we also offer mental health care for our patients. Working within a multidisciplinary health team, the mental health counselor functions to provide diagnostic assessment and treatment to adults. We are seeking a compassionate mental health counselor of our clinic.
- Provide an array of outpatient mental health services to promote individualized patient recovery
- Developing and implementing treatment plans for a range of mental illnesses such as anxiety, depression, personality and behavioral disorders, phobias, post-traumatic stress, and more.
- Conduct individual counseling, utilizing methods consistent with evidence-based practice, using a brief, focal model of care when appropriate.
- Coordinate patient care with primary care and other specialty providers, via written and verbal communication.
- Maintain progress notes and other documentation required for the client medical record and utilization management within the timelines outlined according to federal, state, and center guidelines for all patients in your care
- Provide crises intervention services, as needed
- Expanding your knowledge of psychiatric disorders by attending conferences, completing additional courses, and networking with other mental health professionals.
- Maintain positive, professional relationships with all center staff and volunteers
- Maintain cross-cultural awareness in the performance of all responsibilities
- Utilize outcome tools to determine patient progress
- Ensure that each patient’s rights are protected and that they are provided with appropriate interventions based on ability to participate, cultural concerns, and diagnostic impression.
- Master’s degree in counseling, social work, or related field
- A professional license to practice independently as a Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed Clinical Social Worker or provisional license as an
LPC-Associate, LMFT-Associate, or LMSW
Training (licenses and certifications):
- Maintain current licensure and/or certification
- Maintain good standing with the appropriate state licensing board and group membership affiliations
- Additional certifications required: CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation and BLS (basic life support)
- Prior relevant experience as a practicing mental health professional with anxiety and trauma-related disorders.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) training preferred
- A sound understanding of various therapy types, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), Gestalt therapy, multimodal therapy, and more.
- A minimum one-year experience providing evidence-based treatments for a variety of mental health and behavioral diagnoses in adults.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in use of Telehealth technologies
- Excellent interviewing and assessment skills
- Demonstrated success in working with a culturally diverse patient population and community
- Demonstrated ability in managing stress and crisis situations
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal community resources available to patients
Bethesda Health Clinic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bethesda Health Clinic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.