Come work with us!
Careers at Bethesda Health Clinic
Do you want to make a difference in your community and have fun doing it?
At Bethesda Health Clinic, we seek to help our community by providing affordable medical and dental care to uninsured, low-income East Texans.
Reports to: Medical Director
Employee Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: Bethesda Health Clinic
The Lead Nurse will oversee all aspects of patient flow and care through the clinic including proper training and supervision of all non-provider clinical personnel. Participates in chronic disease programs and works with clinic personnel. They will oversee quality assurance and adherence to regulatory guidelines, ensuring proper measuring and reporting of all clinical outcomes.
- Manage and train all nurses and support medical staff
- Supervise all staff, student and volunteer nurses
- Ensure nursing staff maintain an established level of clinical competency
- Steps in as a staff nurse when necessary
- Triage walk-in patients, answer nurse phone calls and notify patients of abnormal test results.
- Work with specific chronic disease patients requiring RN care (ie hepatitis patients)
- Perform other nursing duties such as assisting physicians, performing various office tests and other tasks as needed
- Communicate with the front desk regarding problems with orders, patient calls or complaints.
- Maintain quality control and improvement in charting through electronic medical record (EMR) and nursing procedures.
- Review periodically with the nursing personnel on ways to improve patient flow and report the medical director.
- Be available to directly discuss with patients, volunteers or staff members about any clinical issue that may arise during the course of clinic.
CHRONICE DISEASE MANAGEMENT
- Work with nursing personnel to maintain chronic disease registry needed for evaluation of the programs through identifiable outcomes.
- Develop methods of tracking standards of care and self-management activities in electronic medical record.
- Oversee all aspects of chronic disease case management to improve outcomes.
- Provide tools for staff and volunteers to assist patients to set specific measurable goals that can be followed up.
- Prepare yearly budget for clinical medical supplies and monitor invoices from suppliers.
- Regularly meet with the nursing staff to assess performance and carry out a yearly performance review.
- Order supplies regularly for the medical clinic.
- Work with the volunteer nurses and scheduling
- Meet regularly with the medical director to review the operations and chronic disease management.
- Prepare clinical outcome reports monthly and as needed for various grants.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Active RN nursing license
- Computer knowledge to include windows, Microsoft office (word, excel, outlook).
- Management and supervisory skills.
- Organizational and process analysis skills.
- Office skills to operate all office machines as needed (copier, fax, etc.), typing.
Bethesda Health Clinic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bethesda Health Clinic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.