Come work with us!
Careers at Bethesda Health Clinic
Do you want to make a difference in your community and have fun doing it?
At Bethesda Health Clinic, we seek to help our community by providing affordable medical and dental care to uninsured, low-income East Texans.
Dentist, Healer, Life-Changer
REPORTS TO: Dental Director
Let’s change East Texas, together, by creating beautiful smiles! Bethesda Health Clinic’s mission is to provide hope and healing to our community through medical and dental care. We are a faith-based organization and our team comes to work every day ready to make a tangible difference in the community. We take zero insurance and work hard to restore smiles and alleviate pain. Here you won’t have a quota to meet or unnecessary add-ons to sell, you will just change lives.
Our patients are grateful for the care they receive and cannot wait to meet YOU, our new dentist!
If you are looking for more than just a job, we are looking for you. We are looking for someone who wants to make an impact in their community and who loves to help others. Think back to what drove you to become a dentist and the feeling you get from giving someone a second chance with a new smile; that is what you will find every day at Bethesda Health Clinic.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working with a diverse range of patients and be excited to work in conjunction with our team to deliver dental services in a professional manner. The right individual for this position will have excellent management and communication skills as well as strong technical skills, and will enjoy opportunities for professional development.
Responsibilities for Dentist
- Provide general dental care by fixing or removing damaged teeth
- Performing dental procedures, such as extractions, root canals, and filling cavities
- Performing exams and evaluating x-rays to determine a patient’s health
- Developing treatment plans to deal with any dental health issues
- Administering or prescribing medications to decrease pain and improve patient health
- Interacting with patients and instruct them on proper oral care
- Recommend patients to dental specialists as needed for procedures
- Keeping records relating to the oral health of patients and the treatment given to them
Qualifications for Dentist
- Doctoral degree in dental medicine
- Licensed to practice dentistry in the state of Texas
- Continuing education courses for new procedures and standards
- Additional experience, certifications, or licensing may be required
- Experience working in accordance with HIPAA and other medical privacy laws
- Professional and compassionate demeanor when interacting with patients
- Personal accountability and attention to detail required
- Experience working in a high-volume dental office and delivering exceptional care
- Willingness to comply with all local, state, and federal laws regarding dental and health care.
This position description is intended to be a tool to describe the primary purpose of the job and the key duties and responsibilities. It may not be inclusive of all duties and job assignments. Other job duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or revised at the discretion of management.
Bethesda Health Clinic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bethesda Health Clinic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.