Who We Serve
Who We Serve
Bethesda serves hardworking low-income adults who have no insurance, or who are underinsured, which are those who have deductibles that are high relative to their income.
Patient Eligibility Requirements
- Low income adults
- Employed or perform an important unpaid job, such as being a caregiver, volunteer or participant in a self-improvement program (e.g. education, rehabilitation, etc.)
- Uninsured or underinsured
If you are unsure whether you would qualify for care, we strongly encourage you to come by the clinic anyway to speak with our admissions team. If you do not qualify, you will be referred to a patient advocate who can help you find other resources.
How To Become a Patient
In order to become a patient, you will need to meet with our admissions team to determine your eligibility.
- You must appear in person at the clinic during admission screening hours.
- Children are not allowed in the screening room. Please make arrangements ahead of time.
- We do not always have a bi-lingual admissions consultant available. If you speak Spanish, please bring an English-speaking interpreter.
Recommended Documentation To Bring
The documentation you will be required to provide will depend on your individual situation. If the following are available, we strongly encourage you to bring a paper copy of these items during your initial visit.
- Completed application and waiver forms
- A current government-issued picture ID
- If applicable or available, a recent paystub dated within the last 30 days.
- If applicable or available, pages 1 and 2 of your latest filed tax return (form 1040)
Admission Screening Hours
Monday – Thursday: 10am – 1:30pm
903.596.8353, ext 127